Last Revised: February 10, 2023
Aspect Avy (“Aspect Avy,” “we,” or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing your information, as well as, describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website located at https://www.aspectavy.com/ (the “Site”), mobile application (the “Mobile App”), or use our other products and services that include an authorized link to this Privacy Notice (collectively with the Site and Mobile App, the “Offerings”). If you do not agree with this Privacy Notice, please do not access or use any part of the Offerings.
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect:
• directly from you when you use the Offerings, such as when you register for an account, access certain features or Content, post User Content or otherwise interact with the Offerings;
• in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site;
• when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Privacy Notice; and
• our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
• any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Mobile App or Site.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information We Collect About You.
The type of information we collect about you may include, without limitation:Information We Collect About You.
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
• that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as age, date of birth, gender, or postal zip; and/or
• login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers;
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details; and
• activity information, such as completed trainings, experience in given sport, days in backcountry, primary sport selection, or planned routes.
• Real-Time Location.
In addition, if you access and use the Offerings on a mobile device and your mobile device’s settings allow it, we may collect information about your real-time location. Please see the Your Choices section below for information regarding how to limit the location information that we may collect when you access and use the Offerings on a mobile device.
How We Collect It.
We collect this information:
• directly from you when you provide it to us;
• automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
• from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Offerings may include:
• information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site or Mobile App, submitting User Content, requesting further services, or when you report a problem with our Site;
• records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
• your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
• any other information you provide to us.
When you use the Offerings, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is used to transmit information about actions of the user opening the page or email containing the beacon back to a web server. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the Offerings and user traffic. The information we collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
• information about the devices you use to access the Offerings (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
• dates, times, and duration of use of the Offerings (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor); and
• information on actions taken when using the Offerings (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
How We Use Your Information
We may use information we obtain about you to:
• provide you with products and services you request;
• send you information or materials you request;
• respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
• communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions ;
• operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
• analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
• analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Offerings and transactions conducted using the Offerings;
• protect against and prevent fraud, manage risk exposure, and other liabilities, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
• comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
Location History. The Offerings use your location and route information to create a detailed location history of all your journeys made when using the Offerings. This history is retained by Aspect Avy.
Statistical Information. The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve and personalize our Offerings, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users.
Other Uses. We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Disclosure of Your Information
Who We Disclose To. We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
We may disclose information about you:
• to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
• to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Aspect Avy, users of the Offerings, or others; and
• with your consent.
We also reserve the right to transfer your information to a buyer or other transferee in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other transfer of some or all of our assets, equity or similar transaction. Should such a sale, merger, or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use your information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Notice.
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.We also reserve the right to transfer your information to a buyer or other transferee in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other transfer of some or all of our assets, equity or similar transaction. Should such a sale, merger, or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use your information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Notice.
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you.
• Promotional Communications.
• Web Analytics.
Location Information. If you access our Offerings using a mobile device, you may adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or prevent the sharing of location information. For example, you can disable “Location” (or “Location Offerings” on iOS-based devices) on your mobile device to prevent sharing your location information with us. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust your mobile device settings. Please note that if you disable the sharing of location information, you may be unable to access some features of our Offerings that are designed for mobile devices.We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.We also reserve the right to transfer your information to a buyer or other transferee in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other transfer of some or all of our assets, equity or similar transaction. Should such a sale, merger, or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use your information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Notice.
Accessing and Changing Your Information
You can review and change the personal information associated with your account by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Offerings are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update or change this Privacy Notice at any time. If we make a material change to our Privacy Notice, we will provide notice to you (for example, by posting on our website) that our privacy practices have changed and will provide a link to the new Privacy Notice. In the event we make a material change to how we use your information, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of such new or different use. The date this Privacy Notice was last revised is at the top of this page. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to periodically review the Privacy Notice. Your continued use of Offerings after such modifications will constitute acknowledgement and acceptance of the modified Privacy Notice.
We are based in the State of Colorado in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our information practices, please email us at email@example.com.